Five Focus Areas
- CHURCHES – Local, regularly organized religious institutions may apply for grants to aid in specific church needs as well as to support their local and foreign missions. Churches must be located within the city limits of Myrtle Beach or within a one-mile radius.
- NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS SPONSORED BY CHURCHES – Non-profit organizations that hold a 501 (c) 3 designation by the IRS and are sponsored by a regularly organized religious institution located within a one-mile radius of the City of Myrtle Beach.
- YMCA – The permanent branch of the YMCA in Myrtle Beach is the Claire Chapin Epps Family YMCA, located off 62nd Avenue North and 17 Bypass.
- PUBLIC LIBRARIES – The Chapin Memorial Library and school libraries located within the city limits of Myrtle Beach or within a one-mile radius.
- PUBLIC HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS – Organizations that provide a variety of health care services to people in need or in crisis.
- Click Here for a list of 2019 Grant Recipients.
To qualify for funding, all grant applicants must be located within the city limits of Myrtle Beach or a 1-mile radius.
To inquire about the eligibility of your organization, contact us.
The Foundation does not make grants to or for the following:
- Indirect costs, including payments of a percentage of a grant to a local organization’s national affiliate
- Programs or projects generally considered to be the role of the government
- Retirement of accumulated debt
- Projects of organizations that primarily benefit their own members or adherents
- Tickets to charitable events or dinners
- Legislative lobbying or other political purposes