Every Chapin Foundation Grant begins with a Letter of Inquiry (LOI).
Decisions are made by the last day of each quarter.
- Non Profit Organizations that wish to submit a LOI must be identified and sponsored by a church or other regularly organized religious institution located within one mile of the city limits of Myrtle Beach.
- LOI’s must include proof of 501 (c)3 status
- LOI must include a brief description of the project or program.
- Applicant will be notified by the foundation if the LOI has been approved or denied.
- If approved, the organization will be given an access code to the online grant application and assigned an application deadline.
- Grant Making decisions are made by the Chapin Foundation Board of Advisors during the months of March, June, September and December.
As part of our grant making process, the Chapin Foundation will request a site visit with organizations that have been approved for the online grant application process. These visits give us a chance to meet with key members of your staff and board; and the organization has the opportunity to showcase its mission and methods in its home base setting.